Sternguard Avengers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sternguard Avengers

We are an active Xbox 360 clan who hope to expand the games our clan involves. We currently only have BFBC2 (Battlefield: Bad Company II)

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reach Customization

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

Reach Customization Empty
PostSubject: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Now that Reach is out and hopefully the clan will be moving onto that game the customization feature is very useful for when your playing with friends also the emblem symbol and colour. Before I start talking about the armour for clan members i want to discuss what emblem if any that the clan will be using when playing together online. Below is the emblem i use at the moment and i think it looks quite good. We need suggestions on what the clans emblem should look like for Halo Reach. The clans backround for the site is black and grey, the image at the top of everypage has different blues and abit of red, maybe the emblem could look like that, if you have any suggestions then please comment below.

Reach Customization Emblem

Now that ive finished talking about the emblem i need to talk about armour for the clan. We may not decide to have certain armour for the clan but perhaps depending on what rank you are in the clan you might have to use a different armour. For example a Recruit to Apprentice Grade 2 (only when playing with the clan) has to wear the armour below which is just the default armour, they can only wear add-ons for the helmet from Apprentice upwards, Recruits wear nothing but the basic.
Reach Customization Playermodel

When they eventually get to the rank of private they can choose from the 2 default helmets and they can have any add-ons for that helmet and maybe different shoulder pads or chest plate, it depends, its alot easier to differentiate each other from the helmets we use before anything else we wear. Sergeant's can have either the ODST variant or the HAZOP variant of helmet and can have any of the helmet add-ons. Im gona stop at sergeant just so people get the idea. Reply with your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Petrucci
Sergeant (Grade III)
Sergeant (Grade III)
Petrucci

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:53 am

I'll let you know my thoughts when I pick up the game tomorrow.
However I would advise to give members some individual identity otherwise its more like a 'cult' but unitl I get the game I can't really give a valid comment Laughing

Jet

aka Petrucci
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jet.anderson
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:01 am

Yh the individual identity comes in with the Chest plate and shoulder pads.
Back to top Go down
Petrucci
Sergeant (Grade III)
Sergeant (Grade III)
Petrucci

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 am

After now playing the game some and re-reading your post its clear that a clan theme needs to be introduced to the cosmetics.

3 things spring to mind to discuss as you've described...

- Emblem
- Armour
- Colour of Emblem's and Armour used.

My personal thoughts...

The emblem should be the same across the board and change colour or the emblem should be down to the player but the colours have to be clan colours?

The armour, pretty much the same thing. The player can either wear what they like and they've spent time earning rightfully and the colours have to be clan colours or the armour stays according to clan rank and the colours shift.

Just my thoughts guys but I'm all for having the player having an identity of some sort to them as after all, this isn't a dictatorship and I'd hate to be told after spending hours earning armour that you can't use it but I really do think a theme has to be introduced for our clan that's for sure!

Also the player tag is pretty sodding clear if you ask me and you'd have to be a blind retard not to realise that you're playing with/against a clan lol!

Note: GB, you may want to stick a thread up detailing the map you've spent a lot of hard work on so people are aware of it. Needs its due recognition bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:33 pm

I have to say im proud of that, but i need a better pic, preferably me killing someone. I need more members to join in the picture. Also thats the map and its coming along very nicely, i need more opinions and people to help. I'll get it finished by this weekend, most likely saturday.
Reach Customization Screenshot
Back to top Go down
Petrucci
Sergeant (Grade III)
Sergeant (Grade III)
Petrucci

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:45 am

The map is awesome! Plenty of space for snipers in particular and good base arrangement.

Just a thought... the maps great but huge so it's perfect for when you're assessing 3-4 players as Exp said but if you want to just assess one player maybe a small version of the same thing or a new map all together could be developed to accommodate this?

I'm willing to do one if people would like me to step up to the challenge but it won't be for a little while.
Back to top Go down
ExploitZoR
General of The Army
General of The Army
ExploitZoR

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:42 am

This is mine:

Yeah, i think the blue visor is a must
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:56 pm

The images with the SPARTAN that has the grenadier helmet are me and the pics with the SPARTAN that has the CQC helmet is my younger brother.Reach Customization ScreenshotReach Customization ScreenshotReach Customization ScreenshotReach Customization ScreenshotReach Customization ScreenshotReach Customization ScreenshotReach Customization Screenshot
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Yh ok Petrucci you can make a smaller version of my map on a different map designed for 1-2 people, the enemy cant be actual members so maybe the enemies could be fusion coil (the explosive fuel thingy). If u you do id like to take a look at your map every now and then just to see how its coming along, i dont intend on joining so i can change everything. Sometimes i just want to observe.
Back to top Go down
Petrucci
Sergeant (Grade III)
Sergeant (Grade III)
Petrucci

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:34 am

Sounds good. I'll make a start.

Please can you post the emblem that me and you use for the clan? So that others can follow suit. I think the only person that should have a different one is the General. Agreed?
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:17 pm

I think that the colour of the emblem backround changes as u progress in the clan, for example the General of the Army will be the only one with this emblem and its colours...

all clan members between private a sergeant will roughly have the emblem that looks like this but where its green there will be white or gold for the higher ranking sergeants and blue where there is black.

Lieutenant (being an officer) and above should have the ring around the shield instead of another shield behind the blue shield. The ring should be grey maybe for the lieutenants to captains, white (silver) for the commanders to colonels and yellow (gold) for the Brigadiers to generals. Then the only one with the gold bird in the middle of the shield should be the General of the Army ExploitZoR.

For the moment i think we should keep it how it is now but in future maybe we can do what i suggested, it would help to differentiate peoples ranks on the site for reach alot easier.
New me above.
Back to top Go down
Petrucci
Sergeant (Grade III)
Sergeant (Grade III)
Petrucci

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:19 am

I think you're really complicating the emblems now when we aren't that great in numbers yet.

My thoughts are f**k the ranks to that degree on Reach man. Everyone a part from the general should have the same emblem <full stop>.

General, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 am

in the post i said we should keep it how it is for the moment but we cant all have the same emblem when we get bigger.
Back to top Go down
ExploitZoR
General of The Army
General of The Army
ExploitZoR

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:59 pm

Petrucci wrote:
I think you're really complicating the emblems now when we aren't that great in numbers yet.

My thoughts are f**k the ranks to that degree on Reach man. Everyone a part from the general should have the same emblem <full stop>.

General, what do you think?

I agree, unless there is a time in the future where this clan will have several hundreds, we're just fine to have the same rank other than myself, it will look good, simple and intimidating.
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:06 pm

This is what the clans emblem is when we are in uniform on Halo Reach. When we are NOT in uniform the emblem is whatever you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
BrokeUin2
Sergeant
Sergeant
BrokeUin2

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:27 pm

'S'
i think this emblem is a good idea, doesnt matter how it looks like, and also, i think that if we are going to be like this size, we dont need ranks Smile all we know that ExploitZor and you GBautista do a lot of job for this clan and im glad for it (and i think all of us), i just think it would be better for us if there would not be any ranks Smile this is my oppinion:)
'S'
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Thank you broke, its good to know some appretiate the work ExploitZoR, LeGiTzZ and i do. When you say "there shouldnt be any ranks" do u mean for the site or for reach emblems?

Last edited by GBautista on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BrokeUin2
Sergeant
Sergeant
BrokeUin2

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 pm

for site Smile reach emblem is a good idea, and also that you and ExploitZor has a diff. when i said there shouldnt be ranks i ment that, we are friends, we enjoy our company when we play, and i dont like to have an argument in the future that "why has he got a higher rank, im oldaer and im an older member" and so on. i say this coz we had argument like this in my Airsoft team here.
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:42 pm

I see, well if people collaborate to the best of their ability then they will obviously rank up quicker if they dont and they complain thats their fault. We also play mainly for fun instead of tactically in squads because we are still organising. When we do play tactically some will need abit more authority than others when playing to win just so they have the command. Anyone of you can end up commanding a squad because you are THAT good, who knows. The ranking system is good.
Back to top Go down
BrokeUin2
Sergeant
Sergeant
BrokeUin2

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:44 pm

okok Smile its just my oppinion/idea Smile Sarge.
Back to top Go down
Petrucci
Sergeant (Grade III)
Sergeant (Grade III)
Petrucci

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:47 am

My personal opinion on ranks on the site is that they're unbalanced.

When a clan starts out the highest positions are filled first and then stem down as the volumes increase. I rank should be given to someone who YOU think would be good at that level.

For example, someone that is good at communication should be of a leader rank. Those with skill should be a high rank under officers. Those who are basically guns for hire and appear online once in a while should lay the ground work in the clan as privates etc.

I think that I, Broke and possibly one other should be made officers because you have NONE a part from Exp & BG. Both I and Broke are on a lot and have made a big effort with the clan in different ways. In comparison, what have the other members done?

Just my thoughts bros Very Happy PEACE
Back to top Go down
GBautista
Captain (Grade II)
Captain (Grade II)
GBautista

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:29 am

This is an off topic converstation please put any post with your suggestions in the suggestion topic in the general discussion area. You all know where that is, we'll continue this conversation there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reach Customization   Reach Customization Empty

Back to top Go down

Reach Customization
Page 1 of 1